Catalyst 3560 Series Switches
The Cisco® Catalyst® 3560 Series is a line of fixed-configuration, enterprise-class switches that include IEEE 802.3af and Cisco prestandard Power over Ethernet (PoE) functionality in Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet configurations. The Cisco Catalyst 3560 is an ideal access layer switch for small enterprise LAN access or branch-office environments, combining both 10/100/1000 and PoE configurations for maximum productivity and investment protection while enabling the deployment of new applications such as IP telephony, wireless access, video surveillance, building management systems, and remote video kiosks. Customers can deploy networkwide intelligent services-such as advanced quality of service (QoS), rate limiting, access control lists (ACLs), multicast management, and high-performance IP routing-while maintaining the simplicity of traditional LAN switching. Available for the Cisco Catalyst 3560 Series at no charge, the Cisco Network Assistant is a centralized management application that simplifies the administration tasks for Cisco switches, routers, and wireless access points. Cisco Network Assistant provides configuration wizards that greatly simplify the implementation of converged networks and intelligent network services.
NOTE: This product is no longer being sold and might not be supported.
What replacement products are available? > See the Cisco Switch Catalyst 9300 Series >
The Cisco Catalyst 3560 is part of a larger and more scalable family of Cisco Catalyst switches that includes the Cisco Catalyst 3560-E Series switches, the Cisco Catalyst 3750 and 3750-E Series switches with Cisco StackWise™ technology, and the Cisco Catalyst 4500 and Catalyst 6500 modular switches. United by Cisco IOS® Software, the entire family offers industry-leading availability, integrated security, optimized delivery, and manageability.
The Cisco Catalyst 3560 Series comprises the following switches (refer to Figure 1):
Figure 1. Cisco Catalyst 3560 Switches
● Cisco Catalyst 3560-8PC: 8 Ethernet 10/100 ports with PoE and 1 dual-purpose 10/100/1000 and SFP port; compact form factor with no fan
● Cisco Catalyst 3560-12PC: 12 Ethernet 10/100 ports with PoE and 1 dual-purpose 10/100/1000 and SFP port; compact form factor with no fan
● Cisco Catalyst 3560-24TS: 24 Ethernet 10/100 ports and 2 Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP)-based Gigabit Ethernet ports; 1 rack unit (RU)
● Cisco Catalyst 3560-48TS: 48 Ethernet 10/100 ports and 4 SFP-based Gigabit Ethernet ports; 1RU
● Cisco Catalyst 3560-24PS: 24 Ethernet 10/100 ports with PoE and 2 SFP-based Gigabit Ethernet ports; 1 RU
● Cisco Catalyst 3560-48PS: 48 Ethernet 10/100 ports with PoE and 4 SFP-based Gigabit Ethernet ports; 1RU
● Cisco Catalyst 3560G-24TS: 24 Ethernet 10/100/1000 ports and 4 SFP-based Gigabit Ethernet ports; 1RU
● Cisco Catalyst 3560G-48TS: 48 Ethernet 10/100/1000 ports and 4 SFP-based Gigabit Ethernet ports; 1RU
● Cisco Catalyst 3560G-24PS: 24 Ethernet 10/100/1000 ports with PoE and 4 SFP-based Gigabit Ethernet ports; 1RU
● Cisco Catalyst 3560G-48PS: 48 Ethernet 10/100/1000 ports with PoE and 4 SFP-based Gigabit Ethernet ports; 1RU
The Cisco Catalyst 3560 Series can be purchased with the IP Base or IP Services licenses pre-installed. The IP Base license offers advanced QoS, rate limiting, ACLs, and basic static and Routing Information Protocol (RIP) routing functions. The IP Services license provides a richer set of enterprise-class features, including advanced hardware-based IPv6 unicast and IPv6 Multicast routing as well as policy-based routing (PBR). The IP Services license upgrades Cisco Catalyst 3560 Series switches to include IPv6 routing support. Upgrade licenses are available to upgrade a switch from the IP Base license to the IP Services license.
The SFP-based GE ports accommodate a range of SFP transceivers, including the Cisco 1000BASE-T, 1000BASE-SX, 1000BASE-LX, 1000BASE-ZX, and CWDM SFP transceivers. These ports also support the Cisco Catalyst 3560 SFP Interconnect Cable for establishing a low-cost Gigabit Ethernet point-to-point connection.
Power over Ethernet
The Cisco Catalyst 3560 Series can provide a lower total cost of ownership (TCO) for deployments that incorporate Cisco IP phones, Cisco Aironet® wireless LAN (WLAN) access points, or any IEEE 802.3af-compliant end device. PoE removes the need for wall power to each PoE-enabled device and eliminates the cost for additional electrical cabling that would otherwise be necessary in IP phone and WLAN deployments. The Cisco Catalyst 3560 8-port PoE and 24-port PoE configurations can support 8 and 24 simultaneous full-powered PoE ports at 15.4W for maximum powered-device support. The Cisco Catalyst 3560 12-port PoE can support 8 ports at 15.4W or 12 ports at 10W or any combination in between. Taking advantage of Cisco Catalyst Intelligent Power Management, the 48-port PoE configurations can deliver the necessary power to support 24 ports at 15.4W, 48 ports at 7.7W, or any combination in between. Maximum power availability for a converged voice and data network is attainabl