Catalyst 3750 Series Switches
The Cisco® Catalyst® 3750 Series Switches (Figures 1 through 4) are innovative switches that improve LAN operating efficiency by combining industry-leading ease of use and high resiliency for stackable switches. This product series features Cisco StackWise™ technology, a 32-Gbps stack interconnect that allows customers to build a unified, highly resilient switching system, one switch at a time.
NOTE: This product is no longer being sold and might not be supported.
What replacement products are available? > See the Cisco Switch Catalyst 9300 Series >
Figure 1. Cisco Catalyst 3750 Series Switches for 10/100 and 10/100/1000 Access and Aggregation
Figure 2. Cisco Catalyst 3750-24PS and Cisco Catalyst 3750-48PS Switches with IEEE 802.3af Power
Figure 3. Cisco Catalyst 3750G-16TD Switch
Figure 4. Cisco Catalyst 3750G-48TS Switch, Cisco Catalyst 3750G-48PS Switch with IEEE 802.3af Power, Cisco Catalyst 3750G-24TS-1U Switch, and Cisco Catalyst 3750G-24PS Switch with IEEE 802.3af Power
For midsized organizations and enterprise branch offices, the Cisco Catalyst 3750 Series eases deployment of converged applications and adapts to changing business needs by providing configuration flexibility, support for converged network patterns, and automation of intelligent network services configurations. In addition, the Cisco Catalyst 3750 Series is optimized for high-density Gigabit Ethernet deployments and includes a diverse range of switches that meet access, aggregation, or small-network backbone-connectivity requirements.
The Cisco Catalyst 3750 Series includes the following configurations:
● Cisco Catalyst 3750G-24TS-24 Ethernet 10/100/1000 ports and four Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) uplinks
● Cisco Catalyst 3750G-24T-24 Ethernet 10/100/1000 ports
● Cisco Catalyst 3750G-12S-12 Gigabit Ethernet SFP ports
● Cisco Catalyst 3750-48TS-48 Ethernet 10/100 ports and four SFP uplinks
● Cisco Catalyst 3750-24TS-24 Ethernet 10/100 ports and two SFP uplinks
● Cisco Catalyst 3750-48PS-48 Ethernet 10/100 ports with IEEE 802.3af and Cisco prestandard Power over Ethernet (PoE) and four SFP uplinks
● Cisco Catalyst 3750-24PS-24 Ethernet 10/100 ports with IEEE 802.3af and Cisco prestandard PoE and two SFP uplinks
● Cisco Catalyst 3750-24FS-24 100BASE-FX Ethernet ports and two SFP uplinks
● Cisco Catalyst 3750G-24TS-1U-24 Ethernet 10/100/1000 ports and four SFP uplinks, 1-rack unit (RU) height
● Cisco Catalyst 3750G-24PS-24 Ethernet 10/100/1000 ports with IEEE 802.3af and Cisco prestandard PoE and four SFP uplinks
● Cisco Catalyst 3750G-48TS-48 Ethernet 10/100/1000 ports and four SFP uplinks
● Cisco Catalyst 3750G-48PS-48 Ethernet 10/100/1000 ports with IEEE 802.3af and Cisco prestandard PoE and four SFP uplinks
● Cisco Catalyst 3750G-24WS-24 Ethernet 10/100/1000 ports with IEEE 802.3af, Cisco prestandard PoE and two SFP uplinks and an integrated wireless LAN controller
The Cisco Catalyst 3750 Series is available with either the IP Base image or the IP Services image. The IP Base image feature set includes advanced quality of service (QoS), rate-limiting, access control lists (ACLs), static routing, Routing Information Protocol (RIP) and EIGRP stub routing, capabilities. The IP Services image provides a richer set of enterprise-class features, including advanced hardware-based IPv6 and multicast routing.
Cisco StackWise Technology offers Stackable Resiliency
Cisco StackWise technology is a stacking architecture optimized for Gigabit Ethernet. This technology is designed to respond to additions, deletions, and redeployment while maintaining constant performance. Cisco StackWise technology unites up to nine individual switches into a single logical unit, using special stack-interconnect cables and stacking software. The individual switches can be any combination of Cisco Catalyst 3750 and Cisco Catalyst 3750-E Series Switches. The stack behaves as a single switching unit that is managed by a master switch, elected from one of the member switches. The master switch automatically creates and updates all the switching and optional routing tables. A working stack can accept new members or delete old ones without service interruption.